In my short list of priorities for a hike, great food is among the top. When you're out there your body is exerting and depleting itself so please and needs healthy, delicious calories to keep you going. Here is a chocolaty, fast, and simple recipe for one of my favorite snacks for yoga, hiking or rock climbing! Pro-tip, one of the reasons this no-bake recipe to so great is you can easily change it up with nuts, dried fruits, or toppings to find your favorite version.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls (~30)
1 cup peanut butter (can do a combination of peanut butter and nutella)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond
3 Tbsp cocoa
4 tsp warm water (if needed)
¼ cup chia seeds
¼ cup ground flax meal
1 cup shredded coconut
½ cup walnuts
½ cup chopped dark chocolate
¼ cup honey (if needed)
Sprinkle of sea salt
1. Mix together peanut butter (and Nutella, if using), vanilla extract, almond extract, cocoa, chia seeds and flax meal.
2. Add warm water if mixture is too dry (this will depend on the consistency of your peanut butter
3. If you prefer this to be sweeter, add up to ¼ cup of honey.
4. Stir in additional mixing (coconut, walnuts, chocolate) and add a dash of sea salt.
5. Refrigerate mixture to firm up. Using a teaspoon for measurement, spoon a mixture into your hand and roll into 1 or 2 bite-sized balls.